are solely responsible for protecting your own account password and
other account information.
- Change account information through your Account Settings
- How to Cancel
- The Beats Music service is for personal use only, unless you are a Curator (defined below).
- You cannot use the Beats Music service to steal music or other content.
Beats Music, LLC
Last Revised August 1, 2014
Effective Date August 1, 2014.
- Payment Terms
- Gift Card Terms
- Customer Service
- AT&T Offers
- Technology Limitations and Modifications
- Proprietary Rights of Beats Music
- Intellectual Property
- Content Provided by You
- Explicit Content
- Beats Music User Guidelines / Community Guidelines
- Limitation of Liability
- Export Control
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction
- Waiver, Severability, Assignment
- Third Parties
- Contact Us
SSubject to your strict compliance with our Policies, Beats Music grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable right and license to access and make personal, non-commercial (except use by Curators) use of the Service. The Service is licensed, not sold, to you. Beats Music does not transfer and, as between you and Beats Music, retains ownership of all right, title and interest in the Service, including without limitation, all its intellectual property rights. This license does not grant you any rights to use the Beats Music trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, or any other of its intellectual property rights without prior written consent from Beats Music. In addition, YOU MAY NOT:
- Remove any trademark, copyright and any proprietary notices or labels contained in any content or information provided on or through the Service
- Use any of Beats Music’s intellectual property without prior written consent from Beats Music
- Copy, rip or capture, or attempt to copy, rip or capture, any part of the Service
- Impersonate any person or entity in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, deceive, or confuse others
- Misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity
- Attempt to sell or buy account names
- Frame or link to any content or part of the Service with Beats Music’s express prior written consent
- Modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, tamper with, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, publish, transfer, distribute, broadcast, publicly display, assign, or otherwise exploit any content, elements, or materials on or through the Service
- Use the Service for ANY illegal purpose, including without limitation, using the Service to violate any legal right of any third party
- Use the Service in conjunction with any device or service designed to circumvent technological measures employed to control access to, or the rights in, a content file or other work protect by any intellectual property laws of any jurisdiction
- Use the Service to invade the privacy of or obtain personal information about any Beats Music User (including any publicity, privacy, copyright or other intellectual property right)
- Use the Service to take any action that is harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, or otherwise objectionable
- Copy, modify, erase, or damage any information contained on computer servers used or controlled by Beats Music or any third party or third party’s services used in connection with and/or provided through the Service
- Use the Service to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and/or extraction tools in connection with the Service
- Use the Service to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising or promotional materials without the prior written express consent of Beats Music
- Access or use any password-protected, secure, or non-public areas of the Service without the prior written express consent of Beats Music (unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Service may be subject to prosecution)
- Use any automated means to access or use the Service (including scripts, “bots,” or similar software)
- Modify, translate, reverse engineer, reproduce, decompile, use, disassemble, or otherwise gain unauthorized access to or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any private key or dev key (as that term is generally understood within the industry) associated with the Service
You may create a Beats Music account by using your existing social network login credentials. By using your social network login credentials to create a Beats Music account, you expressly authorize Beats Music to receive, and for such social network to share, certain information that is available on or through such social network account, including without limitation, information in your social network profile such as your name, date of birth, your “likes,” photos, followers, and friends’ names.
We may offer you a free period during which you can try out the Service (“Free Trial Period”). The length of any Free Trial Period may vary and will be indicated at the time you register. If you do not decide to sign up for a paid subscription after your Free Trial Period, you may still have very limited access to the Service (i.e. you may still be able to see your profile, view other users comments and look up artists, songs, and/or albums), but you will not be able to play any music.
Paid Subscription Accounts
You may sign up for a monthly or annual paid subscription to the Service at any time. You will gain full access to the Service as long as you have a subscription to the Service. The Service provides you full-track, on-demand, unlimited digital streaming music with offline playback through your registered devices, including applications for mobile, tablet, and web.
See our Payment Terms for information on subscriptions plans, payment, and cancellation.
Subscriptions Plan Options:
- Monthly subscription
- Annual subscription
- Plans through AT&T: Individual Plan monthly subscription (only available to AT&T customers), and the Family Share Plan monthly subscription (only available to AT&T customers)
To cancel your subscription to the Service: sign in to your Beats Music account through the web, go to Settings and click on Manage Account. For assistance, contact Beats Music at 1-800-442-4000 or get help. Once you have unsubscribed, we (or AT&T if you have a subscription that is billed through AT&T) will stop charging you. All fees paid and charges made prior to canceling your subscription are nonrefundable, including any advance charge(s) or payment(s) for a subscription term during which you cancel your subscription. Cancellation of your subscription does not relieve you of any obligations to pay accrued charges.
You agree that Beats Music, at its sole discretion, with or without prior notice, may freeze or cancel your username, password, or use of the Service (any part thereof) for any reason, including without limitation, if Beats Music believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with these Policies in any way. In addition, Beats Music may, in its sole discretion and at any time, modify or discontinue the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that neither Beats Music nor AT&T shall be liable to you or any third party for any interference with or termination of your access to any Service.
You understand and agree that Beats Music is responsible for all customer service, help, billing, and account issues related to your subscription. You agree not to direct any questions, requests for assistance, or inquiries about the Service to your ISP or to any third party website. For assistance, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-442-4000 or get help. If you pay for your subscription service through AT&T and have a billing question, please see AT&T Offers section below.
You may not upload, download, or encourage others to upload or download copyrighted works, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of the rights. In the event a user repeatedly infringes a copyright, Beats Music may at its own discretion, cancel the user's rights to use the Service. If you are a copyright or trademark owner who believes that your rights have been violated on the Service, please send a notice to our Copyright Agent pursuant to 17 USC §512. Such notice should contain an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work, a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, a description of where the infringing material is located, your address, telephone number, and email address, and a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner nor any entity authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Our agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement on an Application is:
Beats Music, LLC
555 19th Street
San Francisco, CA 94417
United States of America
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3), a notification of claimed infringement related to the Service must be a written communication addressed to a designated agent as set forth above, and must include substantially all of the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner (or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed upon;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed upon, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works claimed to have been infringed upon;
- Information related to the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient for Beats Music to promptly locate the material (e.g. title of work, location within the Service, etc.);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Beats Music to directly contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You may post and/or upload pictures, text, information about yourself (such as your bio), and playlist compilations on the Service (“Your Content”). You represent and warrant to Beats Music that you own or have obtained all rights, licenses, and permissions necessary in order to use and to authorize Beats Music to use Your Content.
Beats Music retains all of the legal rights to control the Service. This means that Beats Music has the absolute right, at its sole discretion, to unilaterally delete anything that is posted on and through any part of the Service. Further, Beats Music retains the right to reclaim any username for any or no reason. Beats Music recognizes that you have significant power and control regarding what you post on the Service. Despite retaining total legal control in the Service, Beats Music has neither the ability nor desire to monitor all posts at all times. And, even if we become aware of a particular post, we may not remove the post when others think that it should be removed. As such, Beats Music assumes no obligation to monitor or control Your Content and any other content posted by Users. You are solely responsible for Your Content that you provide on and/or make available through the Service. Beats Music is not responsible or liable for the accuracy and opinions of what you and other Users post on the Service. We are not liable for any errors, omissions, losses, or damages in and/or to Your Content. To the extent permissible by law, Beats Music is not liable for any of Your Content or any Content posted or otherwise made available on or through the Service by other Users.
By posting, uploading, and/or making available Your Content on or through the Service, you grant to Beats Music, its affiliates (including third party developers), and its successors a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-revocable, royalty-free license to use, post, reproduce, share, copy, repost, transmit, make derivative works of, make available, publicly perform, publicly display, or otherwise distribute in connection with the Service and its operations. This may occur after you suspend or terminate your account. You acknowledge and agree that you, and not Beats Music, will have the burden of proving that all of Your Content does not violate any laws, including without limitation, infringing any and all rights of any and all third parties. Beats Music does not claim any ownership rights in Your Content and Beats Music is not liable, in any way, for any of Your Content. Beats Music retains all of the legal rights to control the Service. This means that Beats Music has the absolute right, at its sole discretion, to unilaterally delete anything that is posted on and through any part of the Service. Further, Beats Music retains the right to reclaim any username for any or no reason. Beats Music recognizes that you have significant power and control regarding what you post on the Service.
Despite retaining total legal control in the Service, Beats Music has neither the ability nor desire to monitor all posts at all times. And, even if we become aware of a particular post, we may not remove the post when others think that it should be removed. As such, Beats Music assumes no obligation to monitor or control Your Content and any other content posted by Users. You are solely responsible for Your Content that you provide on and/or make available through the Service. Beats Music is not responsible or liable for the accuracy and opinions of what you and other Users post on the Service. We are not liable for any errors, omissions, losses, or damages in and/or to Your Content. To the extent permissible by law, Beats Music is not liable for any of Your Content or any Content posted or otherwise made available on or through the Service by other Users.
Beats Music shall have no liability or responsibility to you for any content or materials that may be available to you on the Service that you might find offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Some music recorded after 1985 may be subject to the Recording Industry Association of America ("RIAA") ‘Parental Advisory Label’ (as defined on the RIAA website). If Beats Music has been informed that an album carries the ‘Parental Advisory Label’ (or similar designation) and is available on the Service, it will be labeled with an ‘E’ emblem (denoting "explicit"). The RIAA assigns its Parental Advisory Label to an entire album and not to the individual songs on the album; however, all the individual songs from such labeled albums will also be labeled with an ‘E’ emblem on the Service. Although Beats Music strives to include the ‘E’ emblem with all such material, Beats Music shall have no liability or responsibility for the inadvertent omission thereof.
Beats Music Users include users accessing the Service under a free trial, users accessing the Service under any subscription plan, and users who Beats Music classifies as Curators (collectively, “Users”). All Users are subject to the Beats Music Community Guidelines as follows:
fellow community members.
Everyone in the Beats Music community should feel comfortable sharing whatever kind of music they are into at all times.
We are not here to censor your language, but we reserve the right to moderate or remove comments or images that are detrimental to the community or may be deemed offensive.
as social as you want to be.
We encourage you to post songs, publish playlists, and engage with the community as much as possible. But if you just want to listen, that’s cool too.
- Respect fellow community members.
Do not impersonate community members, curators, artists, or celebrities.
Many of our artists, curators, and celebrities are verified by the Beats Music team. You may not impersonate others in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
not post personal information.
Your Beats Music profile can be viewed by anyone in the community, so do not share phone numbers, addresses, billing info, or any information you do not want the community to know.
in username squatting.
Beats Music reserves the right to remove any and all accounts that are inactive for more than six months.
None of your followers want to be bombarded with constant promotional messages. (Besides, doing so will only get you unfollowed.) When in doubt, the best use of Beats Music’s social features is for sharing news, information, thoughts, or music you know your followers will want to hear.
If you see anything in Beats Music that violates these guidelines, please report it to our community team. We will respond as quickly as possible to remove any offensive or infringing content.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. However, you are responsible for all of the information that you submit through the Service and anything you communicate and comment on through the Service. You are solely and entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and for any and all activities that occur under your account. Your password protects your user account so make sure it is unique and strong. If you need to change your password, it is your responsibility to change it through your Account Settings or by contacting us. If you have lost your password or if you suspect that somebody has stolen your password or is using your password improperly or otherwise accessing your account with Beats Music, you should contact us for assistance.
While we take reasonable precautions, no security measures are completely secure. Therefore, we do not guarantee the security of any information on or within the Service at any time.
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY PROVISION HEREIN, THE SERVICE IS MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND BEATS MUSIC MAKES NO AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, GUARANTEES, AND REPRESENTATIONS (COLLECTIVELY, “WARRANTIES”) WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, QUALITY, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE.
BEATS MUSIC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND BEATS MUSIC DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO.
BEATS MUSIC MAKES NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OR RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE, TIMELY, RELIABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR WITHOUT ERRORS.
WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, BEATS MUSIC MAY MODIFY, SUSPEND, OR DISCONTINUE ANY PART OR ALL OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. IN SUCH EVENT, BEATS MUSIC WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY ENCOUNTER OFFENSIVE, INDECENT, OR OTHER OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT WHEN USING THE SERVICE. BEATS MUSIC WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY SUCH CONTENT.
SOME OF THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE MAY INCLUDE MATERIALS THAT BELONG TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BEATS MUSIC ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW DISCLAIMERS OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You may use the Service only as permitted by law. You acknowledge and agree that you will comply with all relevant and applicable export and re-export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. You warrant that you are not located in a country that the U.S. Government has embargoed goods. Further, you warrant that you are not listed as a restricted or denied party on any U.S. Government list, including without limitation, the U.S. Commerce Department’s Denied Parties List or Entity List.